Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Computer Air Cooling Issues?

Lately, I've be having problems near my computer overheating the video cards.



I have an AMD Athlon64 4000+ running on an ABIT KN8 SLI motherboard. 2GB of GeIL PC3200 RAM, two non-RAIDed 74GB WD Raptors (C:\ for my OS and G:\ for my Games), two EVGA 256MB GeForce 7900 GS KOs contained by SLI, an Audigy 2 ZS sound card, and adjectives powered by a 450W Ultra Modular PSU. My case is a Thermaltake Black Armor valise (the one designed for air cooling).



My CPU hovers surrounded by the 110-120 fahrenheit range and is fine, even when overclocked to 2.6GHz. However, my two video cards appear to be the problem. Normally, when under nouns, they're in the 130-140 fahrenheit scope. But occassionally they go up to 150s fahrenheit, at which point my PC freezes and won't reboot until they cool.



Can anyone recommend a appropriate aftermarket cooler for them? Either an air cooler w/ follower (preferably a vent to the rear similar to the high terminate 7800s or 8800s) or a self-contained liquid setup for the GPUs is fine.

Computer Air Cooling Issues?

i would recommend any buying a couple of nice 120mm case fan, or getting water cooling for your system. or purely buy a nice fan from the store and own it stand next to your shield and cool it.



haha jk about the ending part.

virtuous luck

The answers post by the user, for information only, RunQA.com does not guarantee the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment