Friday, September 17, 2010

Can i use a Different BIOS after recommended for my PC?

Im using a pcemcia card to connect to the internet on my compaq presario and it keep rebooting. Appearently BIos is imxompatible with adjectives the pci cards my service provider offers.

HP fixed this next to a BIOS update. but my model PC Was not updated.



My question is can i use one of the updated BIOS's even though it is not for my PC?

Can i use a Different BIOS after recommended for my PC?

It shouldn't permit you update the bios with an incompatible update.
no (or not that i know of). It have to be an update of your existing bios.
Your BIOS or CMOS system is actually a short time chip in your motherboard. You cannot renovate it without varying your motherboard. You can only add to it by downloading the newest updates.
No, BIOS code is specific to that chipset/motherboard. For example when read/writes are perform to a serial memory device. A string of data is sent to update the device if a write is being perform. A different set of data is sent if a read is perform. Each manufacturer will use a different code to execute that operation. Even with indistinguishable manufacturer they may wish to change protocols on newer chipsets.


No comments:

Post a Comment