Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can you connect a DVD RW to matching IDE cable as the Master HD?

I enjoy a HP Presario a1412n desktop PC. It has 4 SATA connectors and 1 IDE connector on the MOBO. The DVD RW be originally connected to the IDE port and the HD was connected to one of the SATA ports. My homes electricity go on and off several times and immediately I can't access my HD connected to the SATA port or boot up the PC even in Safe mode. Ive tried a different HD beside similar results. I then disconnected the DVD RW from the IDE port and connected an HD to it, the PC presently boots. The issue now is that I own no place to connect my DVDRW to. I have two connectors on the IDE cable, can the DVD RW be connected to the second connector of the cable the HD is connected to?

Can you connect a DVD RW to matching IDE cable as the Master HD?

Yes, but you enjoy to set it up as slave first, there should be a pullover in posterior next to the cable port, usually the center set of pins is slave, but it should be obvious on the drive itself the exact location!
I would suggest getting that SATA working again. It might just be that you hold to change some bios option as they might have be reset by that bad power flux you have.



The only root I suggest that is because most compact disc and DVD drives controllers run at much lower transfer speed, which will slow down your rock-hard drive access rate and when burning CDs and DVDs, both drives will have to share one and the same bandwidth on that cable at the slower speed.



But.If you don't notice the difference after you return with it working though, I'd say go it as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment