Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I upgrade my Dell E520 power supply for any ATX 800Watt one?

How do I know that the power supply I'm buying is going to fit within my DELL E520 case?

Can I upgrade my Dell E520 power supply for any ATX 800Watt one?

It won't fit. Dell uses non-standard sized power supplies, the screw mounts on standard ATX psus don't contest up. So replacing a power supply on Dells is about twice as expensive as generic computers- oh excitement!



Here's a company that sells replacement power supplies specifically for Dells (the silencer series), surrounded by addition to

regular ATX ones.



As the previous poster said, you might want to consider migrating everything to a more spacious suitcase with accurate cooling if you plan on doing much future expansion. I don't know how much room the E520 skin has, but the Dimension minitowers are pretty small (I own one)...
Just buy a new luggage.



I'm assuming you're adding a nice graphics card?



Your Dell satchel will start killing components from adjectives the heat.



Go for one of these cases that own 2 x 120mm fans to maintain things cool:

http://www.newegg.com/product/productlis...


No comments:

Post a Comment