Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I unplug the second aficionado from my motherboard.?

I own a fan that started making lots of wierd noise. Until I replace it can I disconect it?



Motherboard:K8N Neo4

Chip the Fan is on: NForce4 Ultra Chipset Chip

Fan is plugged into slot: NBFAN1

Can I unplug the second aficionado from my motherboard.?

No i would not recommend it. The fan is nearby for a reason, to cool the chipset. If you remove it or unplug it, afterwards you run the chance of makeing the chip over roast and could damaged your mobo. If you enjoy a space Video card around with a small hanger-on on it, You might be able to use that for the time one until you can get a alien one. I have done this since with chipsets and those fan seem to work pretty worthy
If you plan on keeping the computer room at sub 50 degree temperature I would warn against it.
where on earth is the fan located?



NO if it is the processor devotee (you should turn the entire computer off and move it off it it is, until you can bring back a new fan)



Possibly if it is on of the shield fans (on the front, vertebrae and sides of the case. But if you do start out the side pannel off.
The short answer is that I wouldn't recommend it. It sounds close to this is not a case devotee, but either a chipset or graphics card devotee. If that's the case, the answer is a resolved No, unless you're providing some other means of cooling which you reckon will suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment