Friday, September 17, 2010

Can I enjoy both a IDE not easy drive and a SATA knotty drive on same computer?

Hey, I hold a 120GB IDE hard drive on my current computer and I required to add a 2nd intricate drive. My mobo is the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it has connectors for both SATA and IDE. Should I catch a SATA drive as the 2nd one? Would I be able to boot XP from the IDE as I currently hold it but also be able to access and store notes on the SATA drive at the same time? Meaning, I would want to be capable of use both while in XP which be installed on the IDE



Also, would it be advisable to upgrade RAM when adding a 2nd easier said than done drive? I was thinking just about upping it to 2GB from 1..



AMD Athlon XP Barton 2800+

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

1GB SDRAM DDR PC3200

120 GB HDD

Can I enjoy both a IDE not easy drive and a SATA knotty drive on same computer?

Yes, you can use the SATA disk when Windows is installed in the IDE drive. But surrounded by some IDE disks, you would need to set a jersey which says IDE master next to non-IDE compatible slave. Most probably, this would not be needed; you connect both disks and boot up the system, it would be fine.



A RAM upgrade is always advisable, since it boosts your system gig. Go get adjectives the RAM you can afford.
yes u can

both disks can be used simult. in any OS

you dont obligation to add ne more RAM to do this
Yes, it'll work fine. Adding more RAM for this explanation won't make any difference...and is not needed.



------------------

UPDATE:

Master/slave settings are not applicable to SATA drives.
Should not be a problem. I would make the SATA the primary drive since you will return with better speeds for that drive and use the ATA for back up.



A see of RAM should be sufficient but a short time more never hurts especially if you plan to move to Vista at any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment